Sunday, April 1, 2012

What did you call me?

Dad... Daddy... Dada...
I've been all of those over the last few years since becoming a parent. Now that I find myself in the position of "single parent" I've begun to wonder if I've got this whole "Daddy" thing figured yet or am I still just fumbling my way through it.

We've all heard the old saying...
"Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy."
But, what does it really mean?  Where is that line between "father" and "dad" and when you do find it how do you cross it?

Me back in 2005 diving into fatherhood
So it is my goal, for however long it takes, to bring all of you with me on my journey through fatherhood. To see if we can figure out together what it really means to be called, "Daddy". I'm no authority on parenting. I'm just a guy with two amazing kids and a hope to raise them right.



No comments: